Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Initial Thoughts about EDPY 401

Overall, I think EDPY 401 is going to be an interesting class. I have taken one Educational Psychology class in the past, and I was surprised at how much I actually enjoyed learning the material. I think a lot of what we are going to study will be very useful in the classroom setting. My personal goal for this class is simply to learn as much as possible in order to help myself become a better teacher. In looking over the syllabus, some of the topics that really stood out to me were: motivation, complex cognitive processes, and cognitive and linguistic development. I am especially looking forward to learning more about these specific areas of Educational Psychology.
Below is a link to an interesting article I found about why it is important for teachers to be knowledgeable about Educational Psychology.
What is the Importance of Educational Psychology for Teachers?

2 comments:

  1. Kerry I am going to be following you back haha! I really like you have a strong love for math, which I do not, and I really liked the article you posted. I think I can learn a lot from you girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kerry! I'm going to be following your blog! (if I can ever figure out how to.... yikes.....) I like what you have to say and I'm looking forward to working together in our little group.

    ReplyDelete